Gimp script-fu Mythical
Create awesome atmospheric lighting and "Mythical" effect in Gimp.
The following requirements must be met:
- Gimp 2.8.16
- Download Gimp
- 2 leyers must be present "background" and "brush-mask"
- Please read the following Tutorial
- LayerFX for 2.8 (Python-Fu)
- unpack the archive
- use Winrar or Winzip
- Copy the file into the Script folder of Gimp (C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts or C:\Users\Your User Name\.gimp-2.8\scripts\share\gimp\2.0\scripts)
- Copy the file in the ("gradients") gradient folder of Gimp. (C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\gradients or C:\Users\Your User Name\.gimp-2.8\gradients)
- Now start Gimp
- for a quick start, you can use the template "skull.myth.001.xcf"
2. Preparing the image
- Open an image of your choice (RGB, RGBA)
- good results I have conceded with image sizes of 2000px and higher
- create a new leyer and "mask" your object
Please pay attention to the correct spelling of both layers, "background" and "brush-mask" (picture 3). Please also note that the layer "brush-mask" is automatically tailored layer (autocrop layer). (picture 4)
3. Start the script
- Calling the script (picture 5)
" / Script-Fu / Mystical / Mythical ..."
- Now you can run the script with "OK"
- Depending on the size of your image could take several minutes.
- The script in action:
- inspired by Myth (Photoshop action script).
If you benefit from my work, please, support my work.