Gimp script-fu Pixels!
Use the script "Pixels!" for a retro pixel image composition in Gimp.
The following requirements must be met:
- unpack the archive
- The .zip archive from GitHub is structured (folder hierarchy) as you find it in their local Gimp install directory. Copy all files/ folders in this directory "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0" or use Gimp User Folder "C:\Users\Your User Name\.gimp-2.8\"
- Now start Gimp
- for a quick start, you can use the template "pixels.001.xcf"
Prepare the picture
- Open an image of your choice (RGB, RGBA)
- good results I have conceded with image sizes of 2500px and higher (picture 1)
create a new layer ("area-brush") and "mask" your object (picture 2)
Please pay attention to the correct spelling of all 2 layers "background" and "area-brush" (picture 2).
3. start Script
Calling the script
4. The script window
- Now you can run the script with "OK"
- Depending on the size of your image could take several minutes.
- The script in action:
- inspired by Pixels (Photoshop action script).
If you benefit from my work, please, support my work.